The purpose of this scholarship is to assist a female high school graduate to attend a college or university of their choice located in the State of Mississippi. Each award granted is for one scholarship for one year – not to exceed $1,000. Monies are paid directly to the designated school in two installments correlating with the school’s academic calendar. This scholarship is awarded based on academic achievement, leadership and need.
· Female Mississippi resident and high school graduate
· Accepted by a college or university in Mississippi
· ACT score of 24 or higher (1100 on SAT)
· Should have a 2.5 gpa or higher on a 4.0 grading system for 7 semesters
· Leadership resume for grades 10 -12 (include school, community, and church activities)
· A statement of Financial need completed by parent/guardian
· An itemized expense sheet for academic year
Qualified applicants will be requested to attend an interview with a local Miriam Scarborough Scholarship Committee.
Completed applications are due to the counselor or Mississippi State PEO chapter member no later than February 1.
Scholarships are announced in March.
The grading criteria used is as follows:
· 25% ACT/SAT score
· 25% GPA
· 25% Leadership
· 25% Need
Applications available in my office - **remember it needs a 7 semester gpa – you will not have that until Christmas!